The District of Logan Lake is governed by a Council of seven elected officials: One Mayor and six Councillors. Council operates at policy level and delegates day-to-day operations through the Chief Administrative Officer, to District staff.
The next local election are being held in 2022. Eligible voters will elect one mayor, six councillors and one school district trustee. Voting may be held at other times for a by-election, to fill a vacancy, or to respond to a referendum question.
For more information on general local elections, please see General Local Elections 101.
The General Local Election Calendar outlines the key dates for the 2022 General Local Election in B.C.
*updated information will be provided in the Summer of 2022
- Election Period (January 1 – September 16, 2022)
- Nomination Period (August 30 – September 19, 2022 at 4PM)
- Campaign Period (September 17-October 15, 2022)
- Advanced Voting Day (Wednesday, October 5, 2022)
- General Voting Day (Saturday, October 15, 2022)
- Deadline for filing Campaign Financial Disclosure Statements (90 days after general local election day)
Provincial legislation governing General Local Elections include:
- Local Election Campaign Financing Act
- Local Government Act, Part 3
- Local Government Election Regulation, BC Reg. 380/93
- Financial Disclosure Act
- Financial Disclosure Act Reg. 32/2001
Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing – Local Elections
Ministry of Education – School Trustee Elections
District of Logan Lake Election Procedure Bylaw for General Local Elections and By-Elections regulations: