Regular Council meetings are open to the public and are typically held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, commencing at 6:30 pm in Council Chambers, located at #1 Opal Drive in the Municipal Office.
The District of Logan Lake follows all recommendations made by the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) under the Public Health Act. For information please click here.
Council passed a resolution in 2021 to live stream broadcast Council meetings.
Transparency and accountability are fundamental to effective governance. That’s why council and committee meetings are open to the public. They give community members the power to voice their concerns and hear what officials have to say.
Live streaming brings government meetings straight to you. Accessing broadcasts on a laptop, tablet, or phone makes it much easier to engage in local government. This also allows us to disseminate information quickly, increase transparency and accessibility and increase community engagement.
Due to supply chain shortages, the Tremont Creek Wildfire, and staffing capacity broadcasted meetings have been delayed. We are working with AV professionals to get the equipment required but due to circumstances out of our control wait times are much longer than anticipated. While we work on bringing broadcasted meetings to the community, we invite you to attend Council meetings in person.
Regular Council Meetings
Agendas for Regular Council meetings are prepared and posted the Friday before the scheduled meeting and for Committee of the Whole, Special, or InCamera meetings, 24 hours prior to the meeting. The deadline for public submissions to a Regular Council Meeting agenda is the Thursday before the meeting. Please deliver submissions to the Municipal Office at #1 Opal Drive, or by mail to Box 190, Logan Lake, BC V0K 1W0, or by fax at 250.523.6678 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Committee of the Whole
Committee of the Whole meetings have been scheduled for 2022, available for viewing below, and includes all members of Council. Committee of the Whole Meetings allow a Council to review and discuss topics in depth, and make recommendations only, to a formal “Regular” or “Special” meeting of the Council. Public notice of a Committee of the Whole meeting is required in advance and these meetings may or may not be open to the public.
InCamera Council Meetings
InCamera Council meetings, also known as ‘closed meetings’, are meetings of a confidential nature that the public are not permitted to attend and can only be held pursuant to the regulations outlined under Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Appearing Before Council
Should you wish to appear as a delegation at a Regular Council Meeting please submit a Delegation Request form to the Director of Corporate Affairs at the Municipal Office, #1 Opal Drive or via email at email@example.com prior to 1:00 p.m. on the Thursday preceding the Meeting. If you have any questions, please call the Director of Corporate Affairs at 250.523.6225 ext. 230.
June 7 & 21, 2022 Regular Council Meetings
- Council awarded the paving tender of Jasper to Peter’s Bros Construction Ltd. in the amount of $438,091 (excluding GST);
- Council approved that Staff prepare a report on paving overlay costs for that portion of the road at the campground located between the Visitor Centre and the Meadow Creek Golf Course; and that this be proposed to be included in the original scope;
- Council approved the submission of the District multi-use court project to the Canada Community Building Fund – Strategic Priority Fund for $350,000;
- Council gave first, second, and third reading to the District of Logan Lake Election Procedures Amendment Bylaw 891, 2022; and Council appointed Laurel Grimm CEO; Sherry Verheyen DCEO with the following election remuneration rates for 2022: CEO $1,200; DCEO $900; Election Official $600;
- Council approved the late Grant-in-Kind Request from the Logan Lake Wellness, Health and Youth Society (WHY) in the amount of $7,000 to operate the Discovery Camp at the Recreation Centre; and that Service Agreement between the District of Logan Lake and the WHY be amended to include the use of municipal facilities for events and programs which benefit the community upon prior approval of the Chief Administrative Officer;
- Council approved that a meeting be requested with the Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation at the Union of BC Municipalities Convention to discuss connectivity;
- Council approved the 2021 Annual Report as presented;
- Council gave third reading and adoption to Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 889, 2022;
- Council adopted Business Licence and Regulation Amendment Bylaw No. 888, 2022;
- Council adopted Revitalization Tax Exemption Program Amendment Bylaw No. 890, 2022;
- Council adopt Election Procedures Amendment Bylaw 891, 2022.