The District of Logan Lake invites the public to learn about the role of Local Government in your municipality and how you can get involved during Local Government Awareness Week on May 15 – 21, 2022.
There will be demonstrations from the Public Works Department and Fire Department. Including a Jaws of Life demonstration at the Logan Lake Fire Hall on May 17, 2022 from 10:00 am to 2:00 p.m. Hotdogs and juice will be available free of charge to the public in recognition of Local Government Awareness Day.
The District is holding a Coloring Contest for students K-12. For submission of artwork, please place your Name and Grade on the back of your entry and return to your teacher or submit to the District Office at #1 Opal Drive. Prizes will be presented to winners of the contest for each Grade on May 17, 2022 at the Logan Lake Fire Hall.
Below are images of submissions for the coloring contest from Grades K to 12 from both Logan Lake Elementary and Secondary school. The District thanks all students for the beautifully colored pictures, and teachers for delivering them to the Municipal Office. The pictures will be displayed at the Municipal Office if anyone would like to come down and check them out.
Thank you to the Fire Department, Public Works Department, Thompson-Nicola Regional District, Administrative Staff and volunteers for helping out with the event.
Local Government Awareness Week is a partnership with the Union of BC Municipalities, CivicInfo BC and the Ministry of Municipal Affairs. This initiative is intended to generate awareness and education with the public about the roles and responsibilities of local government and how the public can participate in local government processes.
Learn More about Your Municipality:
- Attend a Council Meeting – Regular Council meetings are open to the public, unless indicated, and held on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, unless otherwise indicated. A schedule is posted on the District’s website and at the Municipal Hall. Special Council meetings are posted in the same manner as required.
- Attend a Committee Meeting – scheduled as posted on the District’s website, Municipal Hall and Fire Hall. Committees include: Public Works, Parks and Recreation Committee; Economic development and Community Services Committee; Executive, Policy and Relationship Building Committee; Lake Enhancement Working Group; and Logan Lake 50th Anniversary Committee.
- Subscribe to the District’s latest News
- Peruse the Calendar of Events for upcoming events;
- Visit our website for information on your municipality;
Asset Management Awareness Day
During Local Government Awareness Week, the District of Logan Lake is highlighting Asset Management Awareness Day on May 18, 2022. The importance of secure asset management practices through service sustainability, community service needs, and how services are delivered.