The District of Logan Lake is seeking an individual to serve on a Youth and Community Services Committee being established by the Mayor under Section 142 of the Community Charter. The Youth and Community Services Committee will look at community revitalization, improving access to District facilities and programs, increasing participation from user groups, provide guidance on youth facilities, community events and services and offer local perspectives to District of Logan Lake Council.
Goals and Objectives:
The Youth and Community Services Committee will make recommendations to the District of Logan Lake Council on the following matters:
- Review current District infrastructure and services and make suggestions on required improvements and aid in making informed decisions.
- Provide feedback and engagement on Council objectives related to youth infrastructure and services.
- Encourage engagement to guide projects and programming focusing on the following Council strategic priorities:
- Master Trails Strategy;
- Recreational facilities; and
- Community Revitalization
Duties and responsibilities include:
Make every effort to attend all committee meetings.
- Provide the Administrative Assistant with at least 24 hours’ notice if they are unable to attend meetings.
- Come to the meetings prepared, including reading the agenda before the meeting.
- Assist in the smooth running of committee business by responding to enquiries from the Administrative Assistant in a timely manner.
- Participate in projects and tasks as required.
- Succession planning
- Maintain fiscal responsibility.
The Youth and Community Services Committee will typically meet once a month and be comprised of six members appointed by the Mayor – three seats held by Councillors and three seats by non-council members within the community. Applications are being accepted for a Youth representative from the community.
The Inaugural meeting will be held on January 25, 2023 at the Fire Hall at 3:00PM. Interested individuals are invited to attend. If you are interested, please apply in writing no later than January 30, 2023. Please direct any questions to the Director of Corporate Affairs, Laurel Grimm at 250-523-6225 or email@example.com
Post Date: January 16, 2023 | Category: Uncategorized